Do you have a “Life List”?
We all know what a Bucket List is, a list of things you want to do before you die. This might be encouraging for some folks, but for many of us, there is a vague deadline, with a lack of real clarity. It’s not really goal setting, it’s merely wishing.
Something called The Life List is gaining popularity. A Life List can help you understand what is truly important to you, and discover what adventures and goals would fulfill your time here on earth. Answer the question, what makes you a unique soul?
- The first piece of advice for creating a Life List is to start small, with short term, achievable objectives. You will be encouraged by your success, and quickly gain momentum to take into the next endeavor.
- Move on to set some longer range goals. Make sure you set realistic timetables.
- Focus on improvement, big or small. Give yourself lots of recognition and reinforcement for every step toward accomplishing your goal.
- Make sure that everything on your list is genuinely yours. Don’t spend your time on the dreams of others, or what you think you should want. This is your chance to dream your dream.
- Occasionally review your list and update it as you recognize that your desires have changed. Ask yourself why each thing is on your list, and if you find you don’t have a good answer, take it off your list.
- Finally, remember, it’s never to late to make your Life List! Start now.