Physical Therapists work with our residents to regain strength and balance and also improve mobility. Based on the findings of our initial assessment, individualized exercise regimen and patient education will help the resident meet their rehab goals as quickly and safely as possible.
Our physical therapy Dyer programs involve:
- Physiatrist services
- Customized exercise program/regimen to improve muscle strength
- Safety awareness/balance retraining to reduce the risk of falls
- Ambulation training to regain the ability to walk again
- Pain management and neuro-muscular re-education
- Home assessments to assure the home is safe for the resident
- Provide a home exercise program to continue when discharged
Physical Therapists (PTs) use your history and physical examination to arrive at a diagnosis and establish a management plan and, when necessary, we will also incorporate the results of laboratory and imaging studies. PT management commonly includes prescription of or assistance with specific exercises, manual therapy, education, manipulation and other interventions. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the further loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles when you return home. Our goal as therapists is to provide services to help each individual develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability. Functional movement is central to what it means to be healthy.